Greetings from Storybrooke….I’m Anne Marie DeSimone 😉
It feels pretty weird to type that and not say it…just sayin’.
Anywhoooo…this past weekend I hosted a Christmas Cookie Swap at my house and decided to serve some Hot Cocoa when it dawned on me to add some cinnamon just like our favorite residents of Storybrooke. Please enjoy this absolutely delicious beverage with optional Magic Juice mix in!
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
1.5 condensed milk cans of Whole Milk
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
Splash of Vanilla
Handful of Hershey Kisses or Chocolate Chips
Heavy handed sprinkle Cinnamon
1) Heat Condensed Milk and Whole Milk in a sauce pan. Sorry for the weird measurement of Whole Milk, but I try to keep the dishes to a minimum and found using the can convenient.
2) Stir in Vanilla until well blended. Don’t mind the SUPER cheap vanilla…it’s what I had on hand.
3) Whisk in Cocoa Powder and Cinnamon.
4) Once Cocoa Powder is mixed in add a handful of Hershey Kisses or chocolate chips. This seems to thicken the Hot Cocoa.
5) Heat the Cocoa to a slight boil and then either serve in your favorite mug OR bottle and save for later. I had made this ahead of time for my party so I bottled it in an old glass juice container.
And there you have it! The cinnamon mixed into the Hot Cocoa really does make it amazing…as does my magic juice mix in of Pumpkin Pie Liqueur!
What is your favorite way to enjoy Hot Cocoa? Do you love the little packets with stale marshmallows, or are you still cooking up Grandma’s family recipe?
If you like fun little recipes like this, please make sure to check out my blog, Crunchy, Crafty, and Highly Caffeinated!
Love, Anne Marie (@amdesimone, @CCHCblog)